What's wrong with me?

JeepMonkey

Some of you that are regulars here know me to be a frequent voice of opposition and strong oppinion. However, lately I read the controversial threads and want to reply, but I can't. I'm having writers block! The outraged muslims.....so much I could say yet every time I try to come up with a witty comeback I find myself losing interest and turning my attention elsewhere. Even when I started writing this I found myelf saying "why bother". I been over here for two months and already my will to give a crud is being sucked from my being! Day after day of the same routine and the same crappy, bland, over cooked food is turning me into a vegetable. I'm scared that when I leave here in a few months I'll be a walking zombie with no real opinion! What do I do?

jumppr,

I thought it was just me.
Usually I am one of the first to jump into a good thread and start typing like crazy. There have been some pretty good ones lately too, but I am logging on every day and for some reason, I just don't feel like making a reply. I care about the topic, but not enough to respond and that is not normal for me.

I think it is because I have been in some pretty hot threads over the last few weeks, some on this site and one in particular on another site. I don't think too many of us will admit that after we are in one of these big debates that we actually come away with a new outlook or that someone else really changed how we were thinking about something. Most of us have our minds made up about it and rarely change or at least admit to it.

I have had so much "life" stuff that comes with being nearly 40 with two kids and the whole package, that the weeks are flying by. I recently started to clear out some unneeded things to unclutter my week somewhat. I still am pasionate about many things, I'm just in a little rut I guess.
As for you my fellow American patriot, thank you so much for standing on the wall of freedom, and though it may seem inadequate at times, you job is critical and appreciated by millions of us.

I pray God's protection on you,

I agree exactly. I don't think it's where you are or what you're eating that is causing it because I've felt the same way. There have been a few good threads going that I didn't post in because I felt why should I bother. You can never change anyones mind by arguing with them on the internet. But, on the other hand if you make calm and rational points, you might influence someone that is just reading and not posting. The vocal ones have their mind made up and can't be changed.

We can also best influence people by what we do and not what we say and what you're doing, Jumppr, speaks volumes. I doubt you'll be a non caring zombie when you get back and you may even care more because of the things you've seen.

Stay strong.

For the most part I'm being completely sarcastic right now. I don't think I'll be a zombie. I've just been having one of those days. The good news is this place is like Groundhog Day. I'll get to do it all over tomorrow! :)

jumppr said:
... The good news is this place is like Groundhog Day. I'll get to do it all over tomorrow! :)

groundh-1.jpg

don't drive angry!;) ;)

Its been a while since ive been around, Ive been in and out of the hospital and wat too many things to discuss here. The first piont you need to consider is your own level of Maturity, and the location of what we will call, your rant. Are you realizing that you are preaching to the choir? Or is it that you figured out how many of these people are the real Zombies, who are so indoctrinated, that they must be told what to think? Ofcourse routine sucks but its better than months in traction, and unending pain. But then again are you alive? can you open your eyes everyday? Its far better tan being 6 ft under where you cant change your circumstances...

life is good bro, keep on getting it. Bro, your spirit is sounding solid and strong here. yesum keep on getting it. winners never quit.

Last edited:
Climbing some steep rocks with your Jeep leaning so far over, your really not sure if it'll stay upright is a good way to forget about your depression. And some of you are obviously depressed. Get over it, winters over, go have fun !

Back