codes

Elheffa

After i replaced 3 of my sensors the codes still pop up when checking my codes to make sure everything checking out

Code 23 - intake air temp sensor
code 22 - coolant sensor

2 new coolant sensors one befor thermostst and one on head replaced and new air temp sensor to get the codes to clear do i need to reset the computer and check again

Sent from my SM-G930T using Jeepz.com mobile app

Yes, unhook battery for half and hour or so and then Hook it back up

1487561467299.jpeg

What happens when you slip and hit a sensor lol

I would rather replace a $20 sensor then falling busting face and dropping intake manifold seems a cheaper route to me lol

Ok now cleared codes out but now with new great functioning temp sensors my temp when sitting is 210 once i start going it climbs up to almost 220 is that normal or is there a coolant problem now befor replacement it sat at 210 and did not move

The sensor might be a little high reading. You have a bunch of new stuff in there so it should be fine, temp wise.

I have had cherokees that rode high on the gauge, all the time. They are just warm running engines

I agree but watch it. The only caveat to it reading is if like the TJ the reading is feeding both the gage and PCM when it hits 215-220 you go into limp mode. If it's is only feeding the gage no worries.
You should be fine in a93 Cherokee.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

It hasnt gone into limp mode at all and just ran seafoam threw it to clean the valves and after 3h of running its smoking worse than ever im at a total loss now

where did you put the seafoam, into the intake or into the tank?

i tried seafoam once but to me, it did the same thing as putting the hose into the intake manifold. my dad taught me the hose deal long ago, i had never heard of seafoam till i started racing autocross.

If you put seafosm in the intake and let it hot soak. Directions on the bottle. It will smoke after the heat soak. It Should only last 15 min.

Last week I saw seafoam has a video on the process but they use a different applicator and they don't show the smoke.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

I got the spray an induced it intake i tryed to let it idel out but that didnt work. About 15m into my 30min drive in the morning it stoped smokeing but it was throwing plums of smoke. I was going down the highway just praying i didnt see any cops lmao

Ha ha ha, yup. Its good for killing mosquitos

Back