My first build

IwantToJeep

Hey everybody, Jeep noob here.
I'm about to install an AEV 2.5 in lift onto my 2013 JK Sport.
I also want to install a windshield mounted light bar (purely for aesthetics) but I've heard this can seriously hinder my Jeeps performance. I'll be running 35in AT tires with a stock 3.21 gear ratio.
Also this will be a dual purpose jeep.
Will this affect my driving?
Thanks

No this shouldn't affect your driving too much at all i just put a 25 lift with 34.5 AT on my 2014 JKU and kept the stock gear ratio. My jeep still performs great. You may just feel a little slower on the acceleration. If you lift it any more than that in the future i definitely would recommend re-gearing. I am going up to 6.5 inch lift and 37" tires this summer and with have to re-gear if i have hopes of even moving haha

Welcome to Jeepz.com. I've heard good things about the AEV lift, but never installed one myself. Let us know what you think of it.
Upload some photos when you get a chance.

If you are referring to the light bar. It depends on how big and how much resistance. The jeep is a brick but a brick with a little extra sticking up is not going to make it better. In some cases mpg is effected and some it creates noise or whistling.
Posting here is a start. You might start a thread "does XYZ brand light bar kill your mpg or make noise?"
I'd find someone with the exact items and ask directly in a pm.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Last edited:
Back