Camshaft pos sensor

mmello13

So I lifted my jeep have 35s and upgraded gears to 4.88. Since I got everything straight I keep getting a code when going highway speeds for about 20-30 minutes. It comes up as camshaft pos sensor bank B and another one saying torque request denied. Anyone know of any other people having this problem and any fixes? I changed one sensor and it still happened so then I put the old one back in and replaced the other one and it still happened. Idk what else it could be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

There are 2 cam position sensors on that engine. Be sure to use OEM sensors. Check the wiring. Also reset the codes after replacing. If resetting doesn't work the there is a relearn procedure the dealer can do for the new CPS.

There are a few threads on other forums on this. http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/need-help-codes-p0349-p0513-1137978.html

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
Post MY year engine etc.. I do not see those basics OR where are they listed
Post ALL codes...

Codes aren't up right now. I cleared them so I wouldn't buck every time I let go of the gas and so that I had power when going through the gears.

Codes aren't up right now. I cleared them so I wouldn't buck every time I let go of the gas and so that I had power when going through the gears.

What MY and engine?

OK you cleared them use scanner and check "history" - codes likely stored there

Yea they still for one cycle so once you shut it off it's gone.

guessing gets expensive - model year eng etc - has code reset?

A code NEVER says change part - but parts store clerks do.

It's a 13 unlimited rubicon 3.6

Yea I did everything seems fine. But I'm not mechanic so maybe I missed something or maybe I traced the wrong wire. Haha. I traced both back to where I could access them.

Yea I did everything seems fine. But I'm not mechanic so maybe I missed something or maybe I traced the wrong wire. Haha. I traced both back to where I could access them.

Really need code or codes....

Really need code or codes....
Here's the codes. Came on again today coming back from Martha's Vineyard.
d7beeb0cb14e69b84596c1af0978ac92-1.jpg
900822e3f67677440161a7e27755534a-1.jpg

that is bank 1 - passenger side sensor.
check the connector - tight corrosion free ?

your code reader says 7 codes - am wrong? post them BEFORE we can go on.

PS- get sensors at jeep if you need to replace

Attachments

• jeep3.6LCMP1.JPG
    jeep3.6LCMP1.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,151
I just realized this - seeing superchips on code reader -
PLEASE say the jeep does not have any aftermarket BS - reprograms 'tunes' miracle magnets etc

Still wondering about missing codes 1of 7?

I just realized this - seeing superchips on code reader -
PLEASE say the jeep does not have any aftermarket BS - reprograms 'tunes' miracle magnets etc

Still wondering about missing codes 1of 7?
No other after market stuff aside from headlights and radio. And those are the other codes. I upgraded to LED's so that's why I have 4 codes for the headlight both low and high beams and the radio one just says lost comm with radio. If I was worried about the other codes I would have posted them. And yes when o took it out I made sure it was right and free of corrosion.

No other after market stuff aside from headlights and radio. And those are the other codes. I upgraded to LED's so that's why I have 4 codes for the headlight both low and high beams and the radio one just says lost comm with radio. If I was worried about the other codes I would have posted them. And yes when o took it out I made sure it was right and free of corrosion.

Codes help paint the big picture. The cam sensor issue - The los of signal I think a new sensor was installed ?
There is a strange notation I found in my notes - Try this add a bottle of RISOLONE oil detergent It will eliminate

a possibility easier than checking it out thru inspection. As next would be wiring troubleshooting OHM cheking ec.

You C code will reqire a scanner our shop snappy is not capable of that jeep diagnostic path - really integrated system YAW input ect - Suspect a dealer only - I would do other codes* as they may affect (ABS) module logic.

*Meaning P and U codes

Attachments

• jeepc121c.JPG
    jeepc121c.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Back