Draglink and Tie rod questions.

Bubslipknot

So the bushings on my drag link and on my tire rod ends or bad. Should I do a straight stock replacement? If not, what do y'all suggest? And what's the point of upgrading? I just spent $5000 on axles and regearing and balljoints so I'm not trying to spend too too much. Thanks in advance guys

Are the ones you have now stock ? How long have you had them ? Do you do heavy 4 wheeling ? Do you slam them on rocks ? These are some of the questions you have to ask yourself before making a decision. BTW, don't feel bad about the 5 grand, I just got a hospital bill for that same amount.

You have a 2009 JK.
Agree with the above. Stock is good. Look at Rock auto for stock like alternatives. Some like Moog are an improvement over stock.
If you are rock crawling with35s or bigger. Upgrade..

One thing to get aftermarket is a track bar. One with the largest bolt to fit tight through the jeep and collet. I don't know who currently makes the best, so you may have to search. The stock are known bad and result in DW.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't do much rock crawling, but I do do moderate to questionable trails a couple of times a month. Is the tire rod something that needs to be replaced or can I just get new tierod ends or new bushings? Same question with the draglink. I run 35s with 4.88 Gears. And JPNinPA, you say they're an improvement. How exactly? Sorry about all the questions, don't know too much about suspension.

They wear better and some are a bit bulkier./thicker walled...

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back