Track bar mount 87 yj

mmello13

Ok so here's the deal. I have an 87 yj I'm fixing up. It has a spring over kit so I had to also get the high steer kit. Now, herein lies the problem. My track bar mount fits but my drag link and track bar make contact. Is there a way to avoid that without eliminating the track bar? I haven't fully put on the drag link yet but from where I think it's supposed to mount the track bar won't come close to making it. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

just toss the track bar. your ride will be a little better. the leaf springs will hold he axle where it is supposed to be

Told the same by a shop that works on yjs. Didn't think of them til after the post. Thanks man.

I ran without front and rear trackbars on my spring-over YJ. It did pretty well, but it's not for everyone. Will handle better with stiffer springs.

Keep in mind that, with the shackles in front of the front axle, the steering pushes the axle sideways a small amount before actually turning the tires. It will take a little getting used to the extra steering input needed. Might wander a little more on road.

I ran without front and rear trackbars on my spring-over YJ. It did pretty well, but it's not for everyone. Will handle better with stiffer springs.

Keep in mind that, with the shackles in front of the front axle, the steering pushes the axle sideways a small amount before actually turning the tires. It will take a little getting used to the extra steering input needed. Might wander a little more on road.
Yea I drove one for a while without track bars also. But this one had it so I figured I'd look into it.

Back