3. Land Rover
4. Alfa Romeo
5. Mitsubishi
6. Jaguar
7. GMC
8. Dodge
9. Ram
10. Mini

Fiat Chrysler spokesman Berj Alexanian said there's a disconnect between what customers want and how Consumer Reports rates its vehicles. He said that in the case of the outgoing Jeep Wrangler, Consumer Reports gave it a low score even as customers clamored for it. "At the end of the day, we serve our customers," he said.

The 10 best brands were:
1. Genesis
2. Audi
3. BMW
4. Lexus
5. Porsche
6. Kia
7. Subaru
8. Tesla
9. Honda
10.Toyota

I've had 3 of the number 2 worst and we've had a number 3 worst for 9 years and loved them all. So people love the cars but Consumer Reports doesn't. It seem that CR needs to rethink its criteria. Obviously people like them or they wouldn't be buying them.

I'm impressed that the new Hyundai brand came in first. They really are nice looking and well built vehicles but will have a hard time getting past the "cheap" impression that Hyundai has had since they first started selling here.

It all comes down to the criteria. A Jeep Wrangler is just not comparable to a Toyota Camry.

It CR added some off road, mud, snow, sand, and rocks to the evaluation criteria, things would change.

As for Tesla, a friends got hit....not major damage, but not drivable....some parts took over 6 months to get.

I am a consumer and have my own reports from years of owning vehicles from various manufacturers.

BEST
1. Subaru
2. Jeep
3. Hyundai
4. Nissan
5. GMC
6. Toyota
Troble free with years of service.

WORST
1. Eagle....Eagle talon.
2. Chevrolet....Chevy Avalanche
Multiple catastrophic failures.

This list matters to me. Lol
CR puts a major emphasis on safety as if we're likely to wreck every vehicle we own, shallow vision.....so what if i break 2 legs instead of 1.

Last edited:
Back