How to suit up to pressure wash a dang horse stall?

bradleyheathhays

So I'm about to clean and paint a bunch of horse stalls and I got this big old 4200 psi pressure washer to start cleaning them out with. I'd rather not get many years worth of who knows what splashing back in my eyes etc so I'm wondering what kind of face protection is best for this kind of job.

I'd like use a whole face respirator w/ cartridges to keep everything covered but I'm thinking I'd be continually wiping the face shield off b/c of the splash back. What's my best option for some face protection here?

Yeah I agree. Approach is key and good psi is gonna help. Thanks for that link. Thosee suits are exactly what I'm looking for although I hope they can be found cheaper. Their helmet with non-mistable polycarb face shield for 50$ looks worth it though.

Last edited:
High psi will damage things. 4200 psi can cut a brick if not fanned our or far enough away.
So you should be able to stand far back and clean with minimal spray back. Also consider scraping as much as possible. There are industrial floor scrapers. More water in wood causes expansion, warp, deterioration and rot.

Use chemicals to disinfect. Bleach in water works well.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Back