How to fix falling headliner

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone know a good way to fix a falling headliner? My wife's Honda Pilot has a two sections (about 8 inch square) where the headliner is separating and beginning to flap around. I'm thinking about cutting a small hole in it and using spray glue to fix it, but i"m not sure that's the way to go.

Don't cut, heat up a nail and melt through the material. I think your thoughts are the only solution.

I bought some of the spray adhesive from Advance Auto Parts and took a stab at it. The results were less than stellar. One problem is that there is a layer of foam between the backing and the fabric, and that layer of foam has deteriorated, and just crumbles away, so I had to remove the foam before gluing. I ended up with wrinkles, and it looks worse than when I started.

Live and learn I guess.

Don't try to change the subject, cause you are in denial about it.

The problem is it's my wife's car! She says it's her "29th birthday" coming up.

29? Again? You should be getting good at this....

Seriously though there is a site you could get replacement headliners. I was tiring to locate it again. They did a special on a car show like trucks on fixing the headliner.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

This one is better being your foam has degraded.
Eastwood has the guy from trucks or overhaul show...that did one of the restorations.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
Back