engine knock

Gennybro

94 cherokee, 6 cylinder, knocking noise comeing from drivers side manifold area when reving engine. Do not knock when idleing, when reving it up I hear loud knocking. Sounds like a loose pipe, but everything seems to be tight with exhaust pipe. Have seen oil leak in that area when underneath it. Any ideas? Thanks.

Any CEL codes?

There are a few things that may sounds like knocking.
Stuck valve
Exhaust leak
Intake leak - lean cylinder
Cracked piston skirt
Cracked head

Could you post a video of engine running with the noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Well , I got it today, lol. But I dont do well with the computor , post it soon. like during my 2nd cup of coffee.

Hey, I always blame my bad spelling on my arthritic fingers hitting the wrong keys ;) spell check helps me look smarter!
You aren't alone in struggling with all this technological stuff. Sometimes it's easier to post the pic/video to another site and then post the link.

Save the video yo u-tube or vemo... then copy the link. Paste the link like you do when linking a pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Ok maybe I got it.[video]my pc[/video] crap no I dont, have video in lap top but dont know how to post it to thread LOL

Last edited:

Ok ! Now Im thinking that it has to be a part in the engine that has a compression spring on it. What part could that be? Loudest noise is on acceralation when torque is applied.

Back