New kid with a jeep that's just a pile of parts.

Darrels1971cj5

Hello all, I have a 1971 cj5 that is completely torn down and needs to be gone through and put back together. In the process I will upgrade here and there. When it's all said and done I want it to look mostly stock but I also want it quite obvious nth at it isn't when you get it off road.

I don't know a whole lot about older jeeps or any jeep for that matter but I'm not quite mechanically illiterate either. So that is my reason for joining, I hope to learn a thing or two and maybe help someone else avoid mistakes that I may make along the way.

That’s the best way to learn...is by doing

Welcome aboard sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. With YouTube as your guide, you can do a lot of the reassembly work yourself...that way you learn and save some money.

Welcome. With YouTube as your guide, you can do a lot of the reassembly work yourself...that way you learn and save some money.

Yes, that is my plan. Mud season will be over soon and I'll be able to set up my outdoor shop. Can't bring it in the house and won't have a shop for quite some time. So I'll do what I have to do.

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

I will post pic for sure. Right now, top priority is to get an onsight septic system installed. County won't let me start digging until the first of June but there's lots of prep work to be done first. Also in my spare time, I've been building an outdoor pizza oven. Pic of oven failed to upload after 3 tries. Probably slow internet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

Well I'll be darned, there it is. I'll try to post pics of my rusty jeep parts tomorrow.

Back