Is this ROD KNOCK?? helppp pleeasse

danic183

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OIJLodv7sc5sLSKQMviw6GU0Y-mQEESm/view?usp=drivesdk[/video]Jeep wrangler sport 06 automatic 4L straight 6. This happens on start up sporadically- usually hot starts- but it goes away or as soon as I drive it it goes away. First thought was rod knock but its not consistent. its been doing this for a couple YEARS on and off. Brought to several mechanics but nobody can find anything wrong... speedometer is out of whack but prob unrelated... jeeps man! any help greatly appreciated thank you so much

Can't see without google acct.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Sounds like a lifter to me too.

Before you dig too deep, try removing that belt and run for just a minute....I see some fan wobble that could be the issue too.

Sounds louder when you are over the intake.
Any codes?

Being hot starts what model year is this jeep? Is there heat shields on injector #3? When off gas boils out vapor locks until gas flow cools it allowing flow.

Time for the stethoscope or long screwdriver. Place it on the intake near each cylinder and listen. Even on the alternator casing or A/C casing.
Could be an intake leak. Try spraying wd40 or carb cleaner where the intake meets engine at each cylinder. Then injector

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited:
Back