Spare key problems

Jeepguy777

My spare key was stolen an I think my jeeps being driven without permission. What are my options to this. Went to a dealership an was told they couldn’t replace the outside locks without replacing the ignition as well does this sound legit?

Can I have the outside locks and gate changed by the dealership and still use the one I have to start it?

I think I would put a toggle switch, " Hidden". that would control the power to the key switch. Flip the switch when you want to start the vechicle, with the key. When parked n u r not useing it flip the switch to disable power to the key switch. A lot cheaper, n the a hole well eventually give up .

^^agree^^.
One option is to put a switch on the ignition. There are also gps trackers. You could track where it goes.
Viper makes an auto alarm that communicates with a key fob and i think cell phone. Hook up a nanny cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

I had a toggle switch on my old Porsche 914 that would control the electric fuel pump. I'd always start the car and drive 50 feet until the carbs rand out of fuel, then I'd have to sit there until I remembered to hit the switch.

I'd do something like a dash cam that came on automatically and started recording whenever the car is driven. Something like all the uber drivers use. That's something that would be cool to have, even after you fix your hijacker problem.

I've found if that if someone wants in your Jeep and the door is locked, they just cut the window.

Ive been a locksmith for 20years. Contact your local locksmith. Much cheaper than the dealer. They can pull your switch and rekey. In fact ask them to take one of your shallow cuts on the key and cut it 2 depths deeper and rekey the switch to match. This way if you have a chipped key you will not have to reprogram. As far as a key to the doors and gate you can leave them or rekey those as well. Pull the door locks yourself and save even more. We charge $18.00 per cylinder to rekey if you bring them in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back