Instrument cluster

jeepanu

I have a Jeep Wrangler 2002 SE 2.5l 5M. The cluster is blocked at 888888.
Daily is working...
I remove the cluster, clean it with electric cleaner, I put dielectric grease on connectors,
but still nothing...
So, somebody can help me?
Thanks

Check fuses. Specifically #4 behind glovebox.
Run cluster diagnosis test. Reset pushed key to on let reset out.
Check all pins are making contact in cluster.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Thanks for the answer. The test is done more than one time. No changes. The only thing to do is to check the fuse, but I suppose that is good because is used also for something else... about the pins...I will try. When I strip the cluster I look at the pins and I didn't see
any corrosion or bad connexion... Anyway... in vacation... with some beer aside I will check again.

Usually pins are compressed metal and spring like. After some time and weight....the spring relaxes then bends until no connection. So the blade end may look fine but the opposite is the issue. I don't know how much space is there and if you could do this and monitor at the same time. But you should be able to wiggle or push the each wire connection from the backside to determine if it is one pin.

Pic from a broken connector
IMG_2914.JPG

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:

Found this if ever needed

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

OK,Thanks I will try that also... in December when I go in vacation... This Jeep is in Dom.Rep. ... the mileage is not very important
there but I don't like when something don't work properly...

Hi Guys,
I found an other Cluster the same p/n like mine. Now...I like to know if its possible to check it if its work with out put it on the car.
Thanks

Back