Windshield

4pawgn

How can I protect my windshield from stones getting thrown up from the road? I gave a 2016 and have replaced 4 windshields and filled some small nicks.
It’s getting crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Sorry I don't have a direct answer.

Never heard of so many exchanges. You live near a gravel pit or mainly dirt roads?
Is say let your insurance co pay for the changes. Many do it for free.

I believe fed law prohibits non breakable windshields on the road. So no plexiglas or better.

Last edited:
Jeeps are rock magnets and the new Gorilla glass might be tougher but is still not the answer. Within my first year my '16 JK windshield got several small chips that have not grown. Been driving the Jeep more cautiously and avoiding highways whenever possible, keeping far away from other vehicles on the road especially trucks and keeping lower speeds (no tickets+enjoying the scenery). Safest time seems to be 5-6am when the traffic is extremely light when driving to Jeep events.

I don’t think so. Because this is a brick, there is a weird air flow up front that a deflector doesn’t do much.

The snow or rain actually rolls to the front of the hood.

I was reading online that you can get a protective barrier for your windshield - understand they mostly have them for high performance sports cars I have another factor in the mix 18 yr old on my insurance so glass getting replaced often makes it look careless.... any other ideas?

Sorry I don't have a direct answer.

Never heard of so many exchanges. You live near a gravel pit or mainly dirt roads?
Is say let your insurance co pay for the changes. Many do it for free.

I believe fed law prohibits non breakable windshields on the road. So no plexiglas or better.

Yeah i have a 19 year old on my insurance policy so it’s kinda expensive to put in claims so often

IMG_3172.JPG

Regards,
JPNinPA

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. -Jesse Jackson

I know motocross racers use to have several layers of plastic film on their goggles and peel the top one off when muddy. Though I don't know if this is DOT approved.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. -Jesse Jackson

NASCAR also utilizes the tear offs on their windshields but I've never heard of anyone using them on a street legal vehicle.

post #9 made me grin

A more affordable way to go is to increase your interval from the rig in front of you. Not trying to be a smart@ss but when I was young I had the same issue, following too close.

Back