Dv8 Tire carrier for Jeep JK

Jeepinaround

Made a step-by-step install of the dv8 rear tire carrier...and we regret it. Make sure you watch this before you buy and install one of these things. Lots of helpful tips and tricks so make sure you watch until the end. Hopefully this helps some of you out (Review throughout the video)

Your new video will definitely make a dent in the DV8 sales until some serious redesigns are made for the DV8 tire carrier. Great video showcasing how great the DV8 tire carrier makes the JK look but the QC and installation hassles are a BIG turnoff! I went with the Teraflex HD hinge and that was a true "bolt-on". I miss the aggressive look of the DV8 but don' t want any of the installation problems. All the washers and filing of the DV8 parts would cause rust issues in the NE and rattles on the trail. More mods can be done to reduce some of the issues I mentioned but for the price it should have been better. Onto the next mod....;)

Your new video will definitely make a dent in the DV8 sales until some serious redesigns are made for the DV8 tire carrier. Great video showcasing how great the DV8 tire carrier makes the JK look but the QC and installation hassles are a BIG turnoff! I went with the Teraflex HD hinge and that was a true "bolt-on". I miss the aggressive look of the DV8 but don' t want any of the installation problems. All the washers and filing of the DV8 parts would cause rust issues in the NE and rattles on the trail. More mods can be done to reduce some of the issues I mentioned but for the price it should have been better. Onto the next mod....;)

Thanks for the comment! I was hoping it would have been a better kit because we love the way it looks. Oh well, whats done is done, haha! Love the teraflex HD hinges..Great way to go!

Back