2002 Grand Cherokee security light on after heater core replacement

GregCherokee

I just finished pulling and replacing the dash on my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee to replace a leaking heater core. It all seemed to be going smoothly until I tried starting up. The sentry key immobilizer light came on and it won't start. Doesn't even turn over. I only have one key, but it is an original and I have never had trouble with it before. I tried resetting the security system by unplugging the battery, draining the capacitors and waiting for an hour - same result.

Any ideas?

Do you have a keyfob?

This works on later model years.
Found this for security reset.

Step 1

Enter your Jeep and press the Lock button on your keyless remote five times in 10 seconds.

Step 2

Insert your key into the car's ignition, turn it to the "Run" position and wait for the car's chimes to stop.

Step 3

Press and hold the "Unlock" button on your remote, and then press and hold the "Panic" button while still holding "Unlock." Hold both buttons together for one second and release.

Step 4

Wait for a chime to sound and press and release the "Lock" and "Unlock" buttons on your remote.

Press and release the "Lock" button by itself and wait for the car's chimes to sound again to indicate successful resetting. Remove the key from the ignition when you are done to finish the procedure

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back