Actuators

Guiness

Went to change the actuator that is supposed to be under/near the steering column and there is nothing there. Not even a plug to hook it up too. Am I missing something.

The Jeep blows cold air on the drivers side.

Welcome to Jeepz.com Guiness
What year and model Jeep do you have?

Are you saying that the air never gets warm, or that you can't switch from foot to defrost?

Just the drivers side is blowing cold air. Heater core isn’t blocked

Last edited:
How do you know the heater core is not blocked?
Did you test it or flush it?
I believe the right is separate from the left in airflow through the heater core. And the core is a top down flow with entry parallel to the exit so if its going to clog sediment is likely to rest on the left(driver) side.

Also there are many threads out about casting sand clogging up the core.

I suggest crimping the rubber hoses to the core with vise grips. Disconnect the lines and back flush the core with a hose. Reconnect. Remove crimps. Burp the system and top off.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
The heater core was flushed by a mechanic. Every vent is fine except the drivers side and the actuator is not there. Not even a connection for one

Well I’m out of ideas. If air comes out, just cold its not a blocked duct. Nor an core blocked from air flow. Blend doors usually effect both sides.

Air in the system or blocked core. Maybe blocked enough it needs to be replaced.

Please post back if you figure it out.

TJ larger tubes, distributed inlet, single plenum. If one tube blocked all the air is h heated by others.
Image1614049043.250882.jpgIMG_2206.JPG

JK
Small fins, longer distribution, not distributed and left right plenum. If the left (farthest from inlet)blocks only right is heated.

Image1614049387.110609.jpgImage1614049395.721197.jpg

Thanks for trying. I have bigger issues now lol. It won’t start or shift into gear if it does. The hydraulic/oil cap had a split in it and when I changed it everything else happened.

Your oil cap?

Changed it snd it will not start?

Does it start with it removed? Blow by pressure??

Yes I changed it because it was cracked and was reading that could possibly be why it’s leaking hydraulic fluid wanted to try the cheapest route first.

There was an insert on the new cap that I removed and now it starts and goes into gear.

it could possibly be the master cylinder although you can’t see where it is leaking from. Or a gasket or seal somewhere.

Pics please!
Wipe it down. Hit it with parts cleaner. Start it and take pics of where you see the leaks,

Also when you hydraulic fluid what fluid?

Pics please!
Wipe it down. Hit it with parts cleaner. Start it and take pics of where you see the leaks,

Also when you hydraulic fluid what fluid?

Ill take pics tomorrow. It’s dark out now. Hit what with parts cleaner? Never see any leaks, just fluid on the ground. Don’t know the name of the hydraulic fluid but it’s the only one the parts store carries here and it is for hydraulic clutches.

Ok after closer inspection it appears to be the reservoir itself is where the leak is coming from.

Last edited:
The clutch fluid?
Think you found the issue. If its in gear and you start it it will try to move the vehicle or clutch will slip. If in neutral it will start but you cannot disengage the clutch.

A primed slave cylinder and reservoir is inexpensive and easy to replace. 1 hr in the driveway with a few tools. Nothing special.

You have a similar issue?
This was Feb thread about heating. Is yours a heating or cooling issue?
You may want to start a new thread,
What have you done so far?

Last edited:
Back