Positraction?

Jagered

So are either of the stock differentials posi?

I am getting a clunking or clapping noise front what sounds like the front driver's side wheel... and the ABS light just came on qithin the last couple days.
It is very noticeable... goes away when braking... did not try it in 4H or any for that matter, checking wheel and nuts/bolts.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-S906U using Jeepz.com mobile app

Ooops..Oops... I jacked it all up and tested 4h (no load) and shaft moves, spins front right tire fine but left front is not picking up immediately and can be held still.

There was options for some limited slip in the rears of certain models but not front, that I know of. I think the tag has an L or an S by the number for one of those types of diffs

I would not expect the front to have a limited slip or posi track. You could possibly have a locker in front but not a limited slip.

The ABS light I believe is just a sensor on the wheel. Look for an electrical connection by your caliper.

I would jack up the front axle in my driveway and spin the tires. If you have a locker or limited slip both tires would spin, possibly in opposite directions. Spinning the tires like this may actually show you what the problem is. It could be something like a bad wheel bearing which would sound like a grinding noise.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Jeepz.com mobile app

Ooops..Oops... I jacked it all up and tested 4h (no load) and shaft moves, spins front right tire fine but left front is not picking up immediately and can be held still.

This sounds like normal behavior for an open differential. If you stopped the passenger side tire then the driver side should spin. Don't know if you could do this with your hand or if it requires more force.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back