cherokee

1. C

1987 4.0L XJ Wagoneer - upgraded to 4 hole fuel injectors. Air mixture all wrong.

Hi all Here's a video I put together today showcasing the problem! So I "upgraded" my injectors to refab 4 hole sprayers on my 4.0L I6. Now the Jeep either idles poorly and dies, or revs up and down after warming up. I drove it to try to break everything in, get fuel circulating again, and...
  2. M

Cherokee XJ 1994 loud knocking

Recently my Cherokee has been knocking at the back end when cornering or going round roundabouts. It knocks when you go one way and it knocks when you go back. It literally sounds like someone hammering on the chassis, very loud. We have crawled around underneath checking everything. Springs...
  3. M

2014 Grand Cherokee Alternator

Hello, I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo and love it. How do I know which alternator it needs? I see three, 160, 180 and 220 amps. I’ve read it originally had a 164 amp alternator. It got a new battery 6 months ago. It recently started sluggishly after the second crank, had very little...
  4. R

Help me price this off road cherokee

Hi Everyone - I'm trying to price this Cherokee a friend of mine is selling. It's a 2000 with 100K and runs great, but it has a lot of extras and I'm not sure how that affects the price. Here are some photos that show pretty much everything. There are also some things under the hood, like a...
  5. R

Trying to get a 1998 Jeep Cherokee started

Hi all- This Cherokee has been sitting inside for a couple year, but it worked before it was parked. It turns over fine, but it won't start. After I crank it over and hit the gas petal for a while, I notice a strange sound -- even with the key turned off. it sounds exactly like when a block is...
  6. M

Help needed: Cherokee XJ rare interior

Hello everyone, My name name is Alin and I`m from Romania. Last summer I`ve bought a white 1991 Jeep Cherokee XJ from Austria that proved to be a bucket full of rust (although I paid a premium for it because it was advertised as a rust-free survivor with 130.000 km, but that’s another...
  7. T

2000 Cherokee Classic

Battery died on me during a cold spell. When I try to jump it or swap out the battery, the antitheft alarm horn is just blaring. Bought her used and don't know if the antitheft system is OEM or after market. The 2000 Cherokee does not have a key fob as the Grand Cherokee of the same year did...
  8. E

Jeep Grand Cherokee Wk Shift Issue

Hi all. Wonder if anyone can help I know its not a proper Jeep lol. But my 2008 Grand Cherokee has a fault where I will be driving and the service brake assist warning comes up on dash as this happens the P R N D on the dash are all lit up as if you have selected all the gears. There is a lack...
  9. K

2016 Grand Cherokee mystery noise

Any ideas? Mystery noise - YouTube
  10. 6

2004 Overland steering

Good morning I have a'04 Grand Cherokee Overland, had a shop rebuild my front end. They used a kit for a'04 Grand Cherokee. It now drives horrible all over the road. Are there different lengths of the parts for an Overland? I believe it has a small factory lift. Thank you. I'm in La Grange...
  11. L

1996 Jeep Cherokee Max Flex Stock

Hello, Im new to this forum and would like some advice on getting the maximum flex out of a XJ while maintaining stock or very close to stock ride height. The way I'm building my Cherokee is a very practical overall vehicle for onroad and off-road application, which means I will be running stock...
  12. M

Engine Camshaft Synchronizer

Could someone please tell me which Synchronizer would work for my 1993 jeep Cherokee
  13. M

Jeep turbo

Can anyone please suggest injectors and plugs for my 1993 jeep Cherokee rebuild with turbo
  14. Gennybro

94 wrangler and cherokee interchangeable parts

Have a 94 wrangler and a 94 cherokee with the same 6 cylinder engine. Was interested in finding out what parts from the cherokee would be compatible with the wrangler. The cherokee is a rust bucket, so if I can use parts from it for the wrangler,steering gear box for example.
  15. T

1996 4.0 inline six Cherokee "Interference engine"?

I'm pretty sure my 4.0 '96 Cherokee just broke the timing chain, not while under load, but at start. I'm about to dig into it, but I would like to know if this is an "interference engine"?
  16. K

2005 Grand Cherokee Hard to fill fuel tank

Looking for some guidance. We have a 2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo that builds up prssure in teh fuel system. When we pull up to fill it and remove the fuel cap, it releases a lot of pressure. It is hard to keep the fuel pump running because it keeps tripping off, while filling. I've replaced...
  17. U

Remote starter for 2019 Cherokee

Hi folks I researched part number 82215799AB, remote starter, for my 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk. It looks like a simple install for myself but was curious about something. I noticed that the hood latch assembly in the kit looks damn near exactly like the one already installed in my Cherokee. Could...
  18. P

2020 Jeep Cherokee. “FLAW”????

Just purchased a new 2020 Jeep Cherokee for my wife.....Like to sit up High!! She has just over 500 miles and we noticed a small slit on the dashboard, the area located passenger side on top. Does this have anything to do with the airbag......” Or is this poor workmanship/Quality Issue”...
  19. M

Converting 04 Grand Cherokee to 4x4 using 03 Grand Cherokee 4x4 engine & drive train

Converting 04 Grand Cherokee to 4x4 using 03 Grand Cherokee 4x4 engine & drive train I am the original owner of an 04 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2 that needs a new engine. I've found an 03 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 with 120k miles for sale for $1,800. It runs and drives fine but the body is beat...
  20. R

Trouble with 3" lift axle aligment

Hi Everyone - This is my first post, and my first project on my 95 XJ. I'm excited to customize it, but I'm a bit of a newbie at mechanics. I got a 3" lift kit (rough country) and everything made sense except for this one bolt hole that is totally off and I can't figure out what went wrong. This...
Back