Headlight Removal in 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

droidguy2002

How do i take the headlights out it has 2 screws on the top that i have taken out. What else is there because its still on tight.:roll::idea:cry::???:

How do i take the headlights out it has 2 screws on the top that i have taken out. What else is there because its still on tight.:roll::idea:cry::???:
I don't know, I had a cherokee but it was an older model. Never had the headlights out anyway. You might want to post this question in the tech section for better response. I never understood the need on the newer vehicles to hide the screws or invent different types of screws like torx head.

1.Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.2.Remove the cover from over the top of the front lamp unit (1). (Refer to 08 - Electrical/Lamps/Lighting - Exterior/UNIT, Front Lamp - Removal) .3.Remove the grille from the front of the vehicle. (Refer to 23 - Body/Exterior/GRILLE - Removal) .4.If the front lamp being serviced is on the same side of the vehicle as the engine fresh air intake tube, unsnap the air intake tube from the air cleaner housing and remove it from between the lamp and the radiator yoke hydroform.5.Remove the three screws (3) that secure the two lower and the upper inboard lamp mounting brackets to the front end sheet metal.6.If equipped, remove the push pin fastener (2) that secures the upper outboard lamp mounting bracket to the top of the radiator yoke hydroform.7.The lower inboard lamp mounting bracket is captured between a metal mounting bracket on the top of the front frame crossmember and a tab of the plastic front fascia reinforcement. Push the tab of the front fascia reinforcement forward far enough for lamp mounting bracket clearance while maneuvering the lamp unit inboard during removal.8.Pull the lamp away from the front of the vehicle far enough to access and disconnect the headlamp and dash wire harness connector (5) from the pigtail connector on the back of the lamp housing.9.Remove the lamp unit from the vehicle.

311819-1.jpg

Back