Sweet 16 @ 36 years old in Dallas

Ocius38

I've wanted a Jeep since as long as I can remember!!! Since I graduated OU (Boomer!!), sorry TX fans....I'm really from here, I have gone through 15 cars/trucks. Happy to say I just purchased my first Wrangler Sport last week. It's a '14, but the year made section only went to '13. I was moved from TX to Las Vegas, NV six years ago and within two months I had bought an FJ. The ONLY reason I didn't buy a Jeep then was on an average day the temp was 116 degrees!! Had gone through a lot of Vette's and sports cars and was comfortable doing 160-170mph down the highway, but there are those that know that going fast and off-roading are two completely different beasts. I got comfortable in a few months with a 2 inch lift, 35's, bumpers and a Warn Winch. After that we were making trips to Rubicon, Moab, Colorado and NM. Anyone who was born in TX though, knows you can't be away for too long!! 14 months later I was back in Dallas and tired of getting 8-10mpg so I got rid of the FJ. After driving a 370Z Sport/Touring for two and a half years I started looking again. Did all the research I could on the Sport, paid Consumer Reports price, got the high value in the Black Book for the Z, they tossed in the 6yr/100k B2B and a lifetime of the Mopar EVTS!!! I'm so happy to say I own a Jeep now. Monday I'm having a 4 inch suspension lift put on, FUEL ANZA wheels, 35 M/T's and a laundry list of everything to make sure it all functions. When that's done I'll post the avatar!! I'm so looking forward to hitting Katemcy (still open right?), Gilmer, Clayton OK and anywhere else. Is there a Dallas Chapter of Jeep owners that meet up? If so, will someone feed me the info? I know a good amount about cars, but have a lot to learn about Jeeps.....all I know is that the FJ is built well and at OHV meets Jeep and FJ owners would taunt each other playfully. We all knew that we were driving the most capable off road vehicles on the trail. We never had to winch each other out, we were all to busy pulling out H2's, H3's and every once in a while a Range Rover!! I know some Jeep owners in Dallas, some I've wheeled with and some are good friends. I'd love to meet more TX peeps proud to drive Jeeps!!! If y'all have any advise or questions....ask away!!

Post some photos when you get some time.

Back