1979 CJ5 Soft Doors needed

mike76020

I am relatively new to Jeeping. I bought a 1979 CJ5 with a soft top but missing doors. I have frames and some handles for the doors but can't seem to find any door skins for it or a way to make the handles work. I don't know how to explain the handles except to say they are simple. Turn the outside handle and it turns the inside handle to go behind the upright top pole and this keeps the door shut. Nothing fancy. No strikers or nothing. If I can't find any black CJ5 doors to work, I may just have to drop $1k to get a whole new top and doors and hardware. Rather not. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

I am relatively new to Jeeping. I bought a 1979 CJ5 with a soft top but missing doors. I have frames and some handles for the doors but can't seem to find any door skins for it or a way to make the handles work. I don't know how to explain the handles except to say they are simple. Turn the outside handle and it turns the inside handle to go behind the upright top pole and this keeps the door shut. Nothing fancy. No strikers or nothing. If I can't find any black CJ5 doors to work, I may just have to drop $1k to get a whole new top and doors and hardware. Rather not. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike
Hi- I have some doors in decent shape. They are black/grey. I can get some pics if you want. Not sure if it would be worth it to ship them from New York. I am coming/flying to TX in a few weeks and can look into what it would cost as baggage if you want to meet at the DFW airport! No idea if that is cheaper or worse.

Back