06 WK ? Tires, stock clearance

hankdz

I want to put LT 215/85 or LT 225/85 6, 8, or 10 ply tires on our 2006 Grand. It is equipped with the 4.7 liter V8, full time 4WD, low range, Power Steering, Traction control, and basically a stock vehicle.
Will the tires I chose work without modifying the vehicle, or hitting/rubbing any parts and pieces?
If not, will 215/75 or 225/75 work?
I chose 225/75LT for our 2006 Diesel Liberty and they work great. Improved fuel mileage by about 2 mpg over stock. Moved from 24.5 mpg to 26.7 mpg average over all. I think it is due to harder roll, but not sure. I carry 60 psi in the tires.

At around 31" of overall height, the tires will goof with the computer readings, and the ESP will "fire" off, which means you'll have strange braking happening when you're turning corners. There is a module from AEV/Superlift that cures this problem.

This link will help you to understand better: 4" Lift System · 2005 - 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD · Superlift · www.superlift.com

The metric sizes you gave us info on are mainly useless for this sort of discussion...overall dimensions of the tire PER THE MANUFACTURER'S SPECS ON THEIR OWN WEBSITES is what you need to go with. That said, anything less than 30" Overall Diameter should fit without much, if any, rubbing.

Kevin

Back