1985 CJ7 Heater

Saltydog13

Attemtping to replace heater blower and an upgrade blower. The issue I have is every blower wheel I have found is too large to fit into my heater box. All newer ones I have found are too tall and diameter too narrow. This is from local auto stores to online shops. Appears there is no such thing as buying a new heater box with parts (core, blower and wheel) for a CJ7. There are ones for 1987-1995 YJ's. Do those fit a 1985 CJ7? Any ideas/info are appreciated. Thanks

If you do the upgrade, Check the blower motor shaft length. I did the upgrade and the info I got was wrong. Short term memory loss refuses to let me remember, But I think it was the non AC blower that I needed.

Steady.foot, I believe that is the issue I have is the shaft on the motor is too long therefore the new fan doesn't sit low enough to fit into the heater box. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Time to measure. All the previous posts I have seen said to get a blower motor for AC. Oh well, it is all about trial and error when owning a CJ. Thanks!

Back