1988 Cherokee 4x4 6cylinder Heater issue

Jewel

Hello,

I have a 1988 Jeep Cherokee. A number of years ago I had heater problems. There was no heat at all coming out . . . when you turned the heater on by the control unit. So, I went to my mechanic and had him fix it. When I picked up my jeep he told me this is how your heater works now. To turn it on . . . turn it to high, and put the lever to defrost/heat, and to turn it off put the top lever to off and lower one in the middle of the control unit. I was a bit disappointed when I got my Jeep back, however some heat managed to come though and it has been like this for awhile. Recently, I replaced that control unit unplugged the proper attachments etc., and placed it back into the area it came out of. I then turned it on and got a good amount of heat coming out of it (passenger side only). I was pretty pleased . . . with how normal it was working until I checked the drivers side no heat coming out just cold air.

Everything turns off correctly by the control unit, the problem is . . .warm/hot air comes out of the passenger side and cold air from the drivers side.

What did the mechanic do or reverse or ? As I would like to have warm/hot air come out of both sides.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue.

Peace, Jewel

Back