1989 YJ Front Brake question

60biscayne

Feels like its time to replace my front brake pads. I took a look for giggles on ebay anyway they show a 87, 88 & 89 to be the same than 1990, 91 & up to be different.
What's the difference between an 89 & a 90? is it the diameter size of the rotor or different caliphers etc.......????
The list a nice set of drilled rotors & pads but there for a 1990????????? Will they work on my 89
Any help is apprechiated

easy way to find out is to go to your local parts store... often they can pull the part & the one youre looking at ... put them side by side and see the difference.... if it looks like they'll work youre golden if not you know where you stand on it - did it many a time with older rides and upgrades....... g'luck!

Feels like its time to replace my front brake pads. I took a look for giggles on ebay anyway they show a 87, 88 & 89 to be the same than 1990, 91 & up to be different.
What's the difference between an 89 & a 90? is it the diameter size of the rotor or different caliphers etc.......????
The list a nice set of drilled rotors & pads but there for a 1990????????? Will they work on my 89
Any help is apprechiated

<'89 YJs had a different bearing set-up >'90s had an integral hub/bearing assy which might be the reason. Terry, any insight to this?

Back