2 stroke engine,into air compressor

Gennybro

I have this 50 cc,2 stroke engine from a vino scotter. I was going to rebuild the scooter,then decided that it wasn't going to be worth it. I got to thinking about perhaps turning it into an air compressor,and I wanted some opinions on the idea. Did a little research on the 2 stroke engine and air goes in one side[ Carburator] and out the other side [exhaust]. My thoughts was to seal up the exhaust port and have the air come out of the spark plug hole. Have a connection that will thread into the sparkplug hole attached to tubeing that would go to an air tank,or just have an air hose attached to it. Any input would be appreciated. The piston is roughly 1 1/2 inches in diamater.

Attachments

• vino engine 001.JPG
    vino engine 001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 553

Biggest thing will be lube. As most two stroke gets oil from the incoming air fuel charge. You would need a check valve on the output hose to stop it from sucking in from the tank.

Biggest thing will be lube. As most two stroke gets oil from the incoming air fuel charge. You would need a check valve on the output hose to stop it from sucking in from the tank.
I thought that there may be a lube issue. I was just thinking about the posibility of useing graphite as a lubricant instead of oil. But then there may be a chemical reaction with the graphite and aluminum. I'm just shooting in the dark with this idea right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or find a 4 stroke law mower motor. Grind down the exhaust lobe of the cam it would work same way but be half as efficient.

Back