another lift question???

2002wX

ok i think i found a good 4 inch lift for my jeep from sky jacker bear in mind im not really sure what a good lift is im going off the advice you all gave me. the product number is TJ403K-SX and the specs are
Description
Single Flex; Suspension Lift Kit; 4 in. Lift; Incl. Fr/Rr Coil Springs; Upper/Lower Links; Pitman Arm; Bump Stops; Sway Bar Links; Adj. Track Bar; Steering Stab.;

Contents
Part # Description Amount
TJ40F 4"FRONT COILS,97-02 JEEP TJ 1 PR
TJ40R 4"REAR CLS,HARD TOP,97-02TJ 1 PR

now i was wondering if i buy this 4" lift for my jeep is there any thing else that i need to make it work. are there any other parts that i would have to buy so that this kit would work properly. if there are any other parts what are they. and do you guys think that this is a good kit? thanx alot
mpm

1. Longer shocks for obvious reasons.
2. Longer brake lines or extensions

I think that is a lift you will be happy with. With the control arms and adjustable track bar it looks to be a pretty complete kit other than the above mentioned parts.

Oh, and...

3. Transfer case lowering kit to correct driveline angle (if it doesn't already come with the kit).

What size/kind of tires are you going to get?

im not really sure what tires i am going to go with when i get the lift. i want a tire that i can use for offroading but still be ok for on road driving. it dosnt have to be a great onroad performer but just allright. so i dont know yet

Well I would recommend a good mud terrain tire like BF Goodrich's MT km ot Dunlop Mud rovers. I have the BFG AT ko (all terrain) and they are absolutely excellent tires, but they won't self clean mud from the tread like a mud terrain will.

The single flex Skyjacker kit is a great lift, however, another kit to consider in the same price range is the Teraflex long arm 4" kit (~$1600 @ http://www.rubiconusa.com/). There are several performance advantages to a long arm kit, however the disadvantages would be that it would be a more expensive installation and would be harder to convert back to the stock configuration.

Back