Cheep Cherokee

Dire_Wolf

Well my name is Kevin, from OH, I have been driving a bloody car for the past seven years, feels good to get back in something that doesn't sit an inch off the ground. I am a proud owner of a aqua blue bare bones 1995 Jeep Cherokee 4WD 5SPD manual transmission and the best part is (sarcasm please) a four popper, 2.5 liter Iron Duke with a 156,00 miles on it, the truck looks damn good seems to run real well, corporate fleet vehicle all its life, nice and level on its springs, no rust. I bought it because its damn hard to find a Cherokee with a 4.0 with a manual transmission that hasn't had the **** beat out of it, will not drive anything with an auto. This is my first Jeep and second 4wd ever, took it out twice so far, took it up a narly rutted dirt hill where the top was about ninety degrees. Took me about four tires to get up it (wasn't trying to slam the thing up the hill, trying to be gentle like, but I got annoyed, popped here in 4L, second gear and gave the old girl hell, balked when I got to the ninety degree part but with a little throttle and gritted teeth she went over like a champ, mind you this is a four cylinder Cherokee. Second outing was more interesting, running down a filed acces road for farm fields, incredibly overgrown road with brush coming in on the sides and tall tall grass on the road, running her in 2H first gear(had to see what she could do in 2WD), nice and rutted and bouncy when my front dropped into some deep ass rutts filled with water, grabbed 4H right quick and got on the throttle but I wasn't quick enough and got my happy ass good and stuck about a mile and a half from the main road,lol. Called my buddy, he had no chains, nine in the evening here, no where to buy tow chains, dark out, called a local towing company, long story short I payed a hundred bucks to have this cat physically (human powered) push me backwards out of the hole. Damn good Jeep, four cylinder has great power if you use it right(quite impressed with the 4wd system), and the manual transmission is a plus, well I will draw this long ass introduction to a close, hope you all were entertained

Kevin

That's awesome man. You'll have to post some photos.

Welcome to Jeepz

I'm fifteen minutes out from Akron, I'm a bit of a loner so I don't have anyone to take photos and the people that I do consider friends would **** themselves if they went along for a ride with me, lol.

I'm fifteen minutes out from Akron, I'm a bit of a loner so I don't have anyone to take photos and the people that I do consider friends would **** themselves if they went along for a ride with me, lol.

cool. I am near Lodi, 4 miles from the end of 76/71 truck stops. If you need photo's PM me.
Also on the Sept. 7th a group of us will be wheeling if you want to go... (well if I can fix my jeep by then...)
And Summit Racing Truckfest on the 13th.

Back