Cherokee trade for yj

xman2yman

Hey everyone, im not an active member on this site mainly cause im a Cherokee owner right now and im very active in Cherokee forum. Anyway I have a modified 96 Cherokee with the 4.0 and 5speed. List of mods is pretty extensive. Long sorry short would a tj be a good trade for it. Since i know you need more info i will provide a quick list.
Cherokee info: 197k miles, 6-7 inch lift, 33x12.5, fully adjustable control arms, JKS quick disco, custom front bumper for winch, roof rack, high lift, custom brake lines, double sheer track bar, heavy duty steering stabilizer, and more
YJ:1995 4 cylinder auto with 115k. No mods to it except maybe some steel wheels, green in color. Soft top and tan hard top included plus it has AC which mine doesn't. Please any thought send them my way. I don't think im going to do any mods to this jeep this time but you never know. I know if i decide to i will need to get the inline 6. That's only if I keep this long term, as of right now this is a place holder until I get the new grand Cherokee as my family car. No need for 2 toy cars but if the wife likes this i may end up keeping it.

Iv'e found that you're usually better off removing the expensive mods from your truck and selling them separately. You'd most likely get a grand or so for the winch, roof rack, jack etc. You may even get enough to buy a cheap YJ like this: 95 YJ jeep

From looking around craigslist at cars like this I'm guessing that your Cherokee is worth around $2-3K (just a guess), so if you think the Wrangler is worth more then go for it.

The 4 cyl is a really good engine but, it lacks power and the auto will make it seem worse. Other than that I think you will really like it.

Yeah you are right that parting it would make extra money but i don't have the time or the parts to replace everything. I do think it seems like a good jeep but I have to see it first and really think it out. Not sure if anyone is from PA but a concern is emissions for it. Anyway thanks everyone for the thoughts.

The fuel injected models usually don't have trouble with emissions. But I would definitely drive it around town and try out the highway before swapping. I traded my modified Cherokee for a yj also but I got a 6 cylinder, auto, hardtop and ac yj so it was a fair trade to me

Maybe ill hold on to it and wait till i get someone that will trade me for a 4.0 instead. Im in no hurry really so might be worth the wait. Thanks for the advice guys. Need to become more active on this forum. It's only for a year anyway and then comes either a 2012 grand Cherokee or maybe and hate saying this a trailhawk Cherokee. Need to see it in real life.

Back