Cj-7 windshield size.

brunet25

Hey everyone. I bought a cj-7 project jeep and it came with a with a after market windshield frame and hard top,steel doors etc. When I try putting my hard top on, everything is out of whack!. The doors don't line up, the hardtop doesn't sit down all the way. But when I take the hard top out of the windshield it seem to be o.k. The windshield sticker say's it's for a '76-'86 cj. But it's made in Taiwan and I'm curious to know what the measurement of a original windshield frame is. I'm thinking that this after market frame is off on it's size. But would like to know if it could be something else..... hard top?
Thanks.

Sides are 22"...Top is 54.5"...bottom is 58"...those measurements are approx because of the curve at the top & the fact that my windshield frame is about half buried in my shed.

Thanks TLCJ5. I measured my windshield and it seems to be those measurements. Do you (or anyone else) know if the hard top could be the problem then? Is there much difference between the cj and yj hard tops? Everything seems to fit o.k without the hardtop on. But the hard top fits the body/and hard doors fine without on the windshield on maybe the hard top is too long?..... does that make any sense to anyone?
Thanks again for the reply.

need I say more? people.. quit buying foreign crap.. support AMERICA, why do you think THEY own us?

I never bought it. When I bought the project Jeep it came with it. But I do agree.

Can you show photos so we can see what you are referencing for no fit. It would be helpful.

Like this (minus the maiden)

image-missing.png

Or this:

image-missing.png

............with your top sorta fitted down where we can see the error. Thank you in advance.

Robert

Thanks--it helps when everyone has a legitimate question, but all us other observers out here on the digital plain makes it hard to imagine correctly.

Will look for them then. Great.

Robert

Back