Do yall have any tricks or tips on what im doing?

blakeg

so Im coming home soon from a deployment and I just ordered alot of stuff for a 2006 lj. I want to put all of it on with in a few days of getting home, so if you know any tips or tricks for the installs or if you can think of anything else I will need please say something!!!!!!!! Before I left I put a 505 stage 2 cam not to bad to install really happy with it, ported and polished head and intake and exhaust manfolds to match. But took alittle hit in the mpg but no more down shifting to pass. I also have a flowmaster 44 k&n and a new bestop and random little mods so if yall know of anything that might come up or a ? about what I've done just hit me up.

I have these waiting on me to get back:
Smittybilt 3/4IN D-RING SHACKLE-PAIR BLACK
Smittybilt SNATCH BLOCK 18000 LBS
Smittybilt SRC FRONT BUMPER
Smittybilt XRC-8 Winch
Smittybilt Textured Black Winch Plate II
Smittybilt SRC ROCKER GUARD BLK 04-06 LJ
Smittybilt SRC RR W/HITCH TIRE CARRIER
TUFFY FLIP UP LICENSE PLATE HOLDER
SECURITY WHEEL LOCK SET
CRAGAR 397 15X8 X5
Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 33/12.50R15 X5
Hi-Lift Jack 48" Black
KC HiLiTES SlimLite Black 100w Fog Light Pair
KC HiLiTES SlimLite Black 130w Driving Light Pair
Daystar 20 Amp Green Light Rocker Switch
Daystar 20 Amp Red Light Rocker Switch
Daystar 20 Amp Blue Light Rocker Switch
Daystar 20 Amp Amber Light Rocker Switch
Rugged Ridge All-Terrain Black Front Floor Liners
Rugged Ridge All-Terrain Black Rear Floor Liners
Rough Country Wrangler 4" X-series Performance 2.2 Suspension
Rough Country Performance 2.2 Steering Stabilizer
Tom Woods Rear CV Driveshaft
NP231 Slip Yoke Eliminator

Last edited by a moderator:

First off, thanks for your service.

Now, that's alot of parts! Do you have just a few days to do this before heading back out, or are you able to take your time?

Most of the stuff just looks like bolt on, except for the lift, SYE, and driveshaft.

When it comes to these three things, I'd install the lift first, so that the driveshaft angles don't change later. I'd then install the SYE. I found that watching a few youtube videos helped, like this one:

As to the driveshaft, you'll most likely need adjustable rear control arms (usually people get the uppers) to get the driveshaft installed correctly. The idea is to roll the pinion up, so that it points at the transfer case, like this:

driveshaft angles.JPG

Once you get this done, you should be able to drive your Jeep down to the alignment shop. You really need to have an alignment after lifting it. I'd suggest going to Firestone and springing for the lifetime alignment - I've used it about 6 times on my TJ so far.

Post some photos of the install.

You need a rear adjustable track bar and there are no bump stops included in the kit. Keep the stock pigment arm. And don't use the drop bracket for the track bar.

Suggest getting a steering box stabilizer.

Back