Exhaust manifold cracked

I have a 98 with the OEM with flex pipes and it has cracked around the collector. I have no idea what the answer is for this problem,but i just ordered me a new banks manifold. Have i made a mistake?

No, recently Banks redesigned their manifolds, from what I have seen, they added bracing to where the primarys meet each other.

Any idea why a 400 dollar manifold has an obviously horrible flaw? Why would anyone buy this thing if the oe one is much better? I feel like I'm missing something here...

I'll give you another to question as well. I bought my Jeep (used 1999, 105K miles) and it had a Borla stainless header with a Borla exhaust, muffler, tail pipe. The Jeep had an exhaust leak which I thought looked like the exhaust flange was loose. Ended up it was the header had a crack in the weld just above the flange and a pin hole in the joint as well! Borla has a "1 Million Mile Warranty" but only to the original owner. I emailed them with a description and pictures of their "Million Mile Warranty" product (I didn't ask for anything, just wanted to let them know in case it might help their research) They didn't even so much as send me a reply saying thanks, sorry, tough luck, etc. I bought a new stock manifold and installed it myself. Put me back less than a couple of hundred and a few hours work but it purrs like a kitten now. Others may have had good experience with Borla but I wouldn't put another of their products on if it was given to me for free. Their customer poor service and lack of caring I can do without.

Back