Finally met

Allie

I finally met my bio dad on Wendsday night for the first time and it was emotional at first.My dad left my mom after finding out she was pregnant with me and she said it was not easy raising me on her own.It took 22 years to find him.He missed a lot what happened in my life and said that is never going to happen again.I understood why he did this and it was easy to figure out.My dad was young and dumb at the time being a coward.He felt a whole lot of guilt what he did over the years and knew what he did was not right at all.He is going to make it right being in my life now.He is married to his wife of 33 years having 2 daughters together whom are 34 and 32 years old.I am going to meet them sometime and it looks like it will be tommorrow.I had a step dad,he passed away 2 years ago from liver cancer and it was hard at first when this happened.

Hey brother , just want to say I'm really happy for you , but at the same time pretty sad too. The man you grew up with was the only dad you ever knew so I can see how bad it hurt you. sorry.
I really think that your real father has had what time he needed to grow to find himself and to find within himself the responsibility that was meant to assume but never happened.
I guess you both will try to put the past away and leave it there and just try to find what feelings you both have for each other and the father/son bond will come naturally . I'm sure you will both be totally honest toward each other and your relationship will grow and feel like there was never a lapse. Not knowing this personally , but I guess just one day at a time with no expectations and just enjoying every moment together will bring the happiness to you both that you two have searched all your lives for but never knew that is what you were looking for until you realized it was missing. No one ever knows that until you just find it one day. Suddenly , everything just starts to make sense. I really wish you the best and just know your dad is really happy you found him and he's got to be proud that his son turned out alright and earned everything he's got with his own two hands . I know I'd be proud . I'm 51 and never had a son.

Wow, so sorry about your step dad. I hope you can forgive your bio dad and have a great relationship with him from now on. Being a guy that was once young and stupid I can understand why he did what he did. I don't think what he did was right and I don't condone it but I get it. I hope you can move on from here. Good luck!

I have forgiven him and we have moved on.He said what he was was not right at all.My dad has a good family,met his wife and two daughters with his wife on Saturday which is looking good

Back