Hello from N. Texas

redtank1971

Hello,
New to forum, but not to Jeeping. First Jeep was a 1977 CJ5 with 304 V8, 3 speed and rag top. Back then if you wanted a roll bar that would be extra from the dealer, I didn' have one. I was married that year so we took are honeymoon trip up to Manitou Springs. While there (Thanksgiving time) it snowed a lot, but the CJ did real well on snow, no problems. I remember having to adjust the linkage for the accelerator pump on the carb to reduce flow because CJ would stall out when accelerator was pressed from a standstill. We drove around Pikes Peak and hit all the tourist sites. Road to top of PP was close, bummer.
Now 40 years later, I bought a 2005 Liberty CRD. Great little Jeep, lots of power and fully loaded; 28 to 32 mpg recorded so far. With 126K miles, I guessing there will be items to replace soon.
I'm interested in putting a tune on the Liberty, and there are several out there, problem is aside from a few youtube videos, there are no reviews. Can anyone recommend a tune they've had experience with? I've see GDE ECO for $500. Italian tune for $119, Puck ($135?) and Puck Extreme for $336 or so. Any advise would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Cris

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

Back