HELP - Pioneer DEH2100IB VS Sony CDX-GT930UI

dealrocker

I am planning to replace the factory CD Receiver. After going through countless reviews I have narrowed my final purchase decisions down to two CD Receiver - Pioneer DEH2100IB and Sony CDX-GT930UI . Please help me in selecting a best one. I like both of them and pretty impressed with the features. Just wondering which can fulfill my requirements.

Thanks in advance for all the inputs.

I've always liked Sony products and it has a USB input which I love on mine. Are you going to connect an ipod? Looks like some have complained about the ipod control for the Pioneer.

I've got a pioneer DEH-P5000UB and I love it.

It's got built in USB / iPod controls (I can change and view the song name from my tuner).

I can burn 150 mp3's to a CD and play them

The other big selling point for me was that it's got a subwoofer control - you can turn your sub on / off, and control the level from the head unit.

Either way you'll be happy, but I'd throw in for a Pioneer with ipod controls.

Terry, Can you tell me how to turn the subwoofer off and on using the DEH2100ib?

I've got a DEH-P5000UB, and there is a subwoofer button on the face. I can choose from normal, reverse, and off.

For your DEH2100ib, you may want to look at the attached owner's manual. I did a quick look, and it doesn't appear that your deck has subwoofer controls.

Attachments

• DEH-2100IB_OwnersManual0917.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 420
I went through 3 Pioneer headunits before I swapped to Sony's. The Pioneers didn't seem to like dust or any moisture at all. Every Sony I've had has also had easier controls for my subwoofers, not as much fine tune capabilities but much easier to change on the fly or driving down the road. Stepped up to an Alpine though and don't think I'll ever look back.

Back