Laughter is the best medicine !

greg92jeepxj

Official Supporter
Recently , in the popular thread " last person to comment wins $20 " , an interesting but uniquely peculiar posting mini-series gained momentum but has since come to a happy ending. Yours truly commented on the cute but funny , funny but cute signature of a member and it gained momentum followed by personal apologies of which later turned out to be an innocent prank on my benign character and all who knew flipped the switch on the spotlight which was on me and said "SURPRIZE !" .
So, what am I talking about ? You may have seen a bumper sticker meant for jeeps and trucks with aggressive threaded off-road tires of obvious oversize dimension designed for deep water , mud and loose dirt and overall better traction off road.
Well , the bumper sticker reads , " do these tires make my butt look big ? " having never seen or heard this "cliche " before , I was amused every time the member posted and I saw the signature . I commented and well , one thing led to another as members immediately joined in with their own brand of humor. I immediately took responsibility and offered an apology for bringing attention to the members signature since it is a female and i did not wish for any hurt to become of it.
Well I learned something , again , that I just need to know the membership a little ( a lot ) better by just reading their posts and learning what goes and what doesn't .
So , why am I taking up bytes with this thread ? Well , I kind of witnessed an unusual event siting today that made me wish I had on hand my digital camera and I would have a still picture and some video that I'm sure anyone would have found humor in.
If you have a COSTCO in your neighborhood , you may know where I am going with this . First , I'd like to say I do not judge or look down upon someone for their appearance , only their personality if found to be undesirable by the masses .
Ok , so here it is ; I witness a person ( gender indistinguishable) loading through side door of their mini-van their purchased wagon load . So , you say ? Well , I'm going to go out on a limb here , but the person was , shall we say , of portly stature ,
So , their mini-van was parked in the roadway of the parking lot and the loading door was open to the back of a lifted JK with tires well larger than stock. The funny thing was that the mounted spare on the JK's tail was not so large in appearance compared to the " individuals " back side . I BLAME COSTCO ! Before it came to Staten Island , people did not "mature " in this fashion. I was in disbelief but was quite coherent . Immediately , the bumper sticker came to mind . I now know where the idea came from to print this . I could not help but feel a bit wrong about poking fun at this , but I put myself in anyone else's shoes and thought what would they say or do ? A lot of people I know of would comment but usually feel sorry to a degree .
I just thought it was a bit funny that more than once did the person accidentally bump off of the spare tire with their back side . Too many trips back and forth from the wagon to the loading doors. I then coined the phrase " DOES MY BUTT MAKE THIS JEEP LOOK SMALL ? " I expect to catch flack for this , but am I wrong ? Your comments welcome and again , I do not look down upon people as though I'm better , I have always had friends of different variety so I do not feel I am discriminate but still welcome your comments and criticism as well as humor regarding this thread. Thanks you , Greg

Last edited:

Dude just chill. It seems like every other post you put up your afraid you offended someone. Trust me, if you hurt someone they'll tell you! I don't think you've crossed any lines.

Now what's this business about last comment thread getting shut down? Who won?

Dude just chill. It seems like every other post you put up your afraid you offended someone. Trust me, if you hurt someone they'll tell you! I don't think you've crossed any lines.

Now what's this business about last comment thread getting shut down? Who won?

Sorry , I did not mean the contest , I only meant the posts on the thread itself . The only people I would not like to offend is anyone who may take offense to me making fun of someone who is obviously " LARGE AND IN CHARGE " . If you saw the LARGE person I did today (now yesterday ) you probably would have thought similar of the site I witnessed with the recent thread issue we just rectified and thought something very amusing as I did . But you had to be there , you would have just busted a gut over it , you know how big these tires are ! LOL !!!!!!

Yeah I would have laughed theres no doubt there.

You have NO IDEA how bummed I was I did. Not have my digital camera ! I would posted it before I even took the key out of the door ! I was just major HYSTERICAL ! Everyone I told cracked a smile , even if they thought I was warped ! Well , you know what we say if they can't take a joke ! LOL

Dude , shouldn't you be rag gin' on me for being up well after mid nite ? I gotta be up 5:30 ! I am employed in a safety sensitive occupation . Thanks for your reply though bro !

I should be, unfortunitly i gotta be at work at 6:30 and cant sleep so ya know.

Believe me , I TOTALLY sympathize with that , the last 24 1/2 years of operating a bus in passenger service were exactly that . Every morning , like Bob Fosse , look in the mirror , slap myself and say " it's show time !"

Back