Looking for a specific wheel size to fit my YJ.

Craig

Hey. I'm planning on putting on the Yokohama Geolander IT's this winter (Yokohama's ice tire). They only make it up to a 31" for a 15" rim but I can get it in a 33" (285/70/R16) for a 16" rim which is what I want. The problem I'm having is finding a plain black steel wheel with the same bolt pattern to fit my YJ in a 16". I also need to have a bit of backspacing so the tires don't rub when I turn. There's lots out there in a 15" but not in a 16". Anyone know of any wheel manufacturers besides American Racing (already tried them) that would have a 16"? I'm just looking for the cheapest plain steel wheels. Thanks.

I bought 16x8 Cragar soft 8's (397 is the model # I believe) from Quadratec. Pretty inexpensive and the come in different backspacing. If they don't stock they backspacing you want they will special order them (I ordered mine in 5.0 BS). I'm guessing you'll want somewhere around/between 3.75-4.25 BS on your YJ???

They are the ones in my sig and avatar pics

Thanks. I emailed Quadratec and they won't special order any wheels. I called Fountain tire and they're special ordering ProComp steel wheels for me with a 3 3/4" backspace at $104 each Canadian.....about $80-85 US. ProComp doesn't regularly make these wheels but they will specially make them at different backspaces.

That sucks, Qtec ordered mine :confused:

Oh well at least you found what you were looking for. Sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase.

I was looking on their website and 5" backspacing is the standard size they carry for the 16x8 Soft 8's. I don't know why they have them with that much backspacing because anyone who has a leaf sprung jeep running larger tires will rub the leafs. I wish I could've got these because they're a lot cheaper. Thanks anyway.

Craig said:
I was looking on their website and 5" backspacing is the standard size they carry for the 16x8 Soft 8's. I don't know why they have them with that much backspacing because anyone who has a leaf sprung jeep running larger tires will rub the leafs. I wish I could've got these because they're a lot cheaper. Thanks anyway.

Hmmm, maybe they carried them but were just out of stock when I ordered them.

They are great on an XJ, moving the wheels out 1/4" is all I needed to clear my 31's.

TwistedCopper said:
I bought 16x8 Cragar soft 8's (397 is the model # I believe) from Quadratec. Pretty inexpensive and the come in different backspacing. If they don't stock they backspacing you want they will special order them (I ordered mine in 5.0 BS). I'm guessing you'll want somewhere around/between 3.75-4.25 BS on your YJ???

They are the ones in my sig and avatar pics

So how do you order the 397's in custom backspacing (3.75) then and from whom?

Back