New in Charleston, SC

jclem2

Good Morning everyone,

I just relocated to Charleston,SC from ATL. I was sitting here looking for new people and places to ride here in the "low country" when I came across Jeepz.com.

After 30 years as an Air Traffic Controller in Atlanta, I retired (2013) and ordered my brand new Jeep JKU HR in 2015. I have modified my jeep with a Rock Krawler 2.5 flex system with the Rancho 9000 shocks, Warn Zeon 10s , some skid plates, and one of my favorites is the Jeep Back Bone. If you haven't seen this, definitely check it out. I run 35" duratacs on XD wheels and the Teraflex tire carrier on the back. Also numerous other small interior odds and ends.

Prepping for a trip to Ouray, CO at the end of this month!

John

Welcome to Jeepz and congrats on the retirement AND moving to Charleston! I lived there for about 3.5 years and absolutely loved it there. We lived on Daniel Island but unfortunately, family and job took us back home to Memphis. If you're looking for a place for 4x4 work or parts I had a great experience with the guys at lowcountry4x4.com over on Savannah Hwy.

Post some pics of your Jeep. Never heard of the back bone but will check it out.

Last edited:

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

Back