rusted out rear shock mounts ideas??

taz

i have a 79 cj7 just got it.going to try to save it,or build it not sure,problem,rusted shock mounts on both sides in rear,replace? if i can?weld?or just go 4 it.buy new frame an build it?has a 6 banger,seems very strong out of a 94,has ford gears 410"s 5spd,was thinking if i go new frame.lol v8 etc.lol. any idea "s:idea::shades:

Well, you kNOW that you can't use it as is anyways, I would chop & weld new pieces in. There's really nothing to loose. If it's rusted on the shock mount, they probably sell them. If it's the frame too, cut a section and try it. Even if you have to buy another frame. why not?

thanks 4 ur tips, ill be starting to remove the body.rest of frame is ok.but the body is comeing off anyway.been thinking upgrade new frame shouldn't cost too much.only paid 500.00 for the jeep.;)

Since the frame is not rusted out you should be able to fabricate new mounts or have a metal fab shop make and possibly install them for you ,i've worked in a machine shop for 13 years and have seen these guys rebuild things most people would scrap...good luck!

thanks for ur tips guys,found a link from site.new parts on the way. will be cutting out,an welding.an adding dual towers.:D

Back