This Is Long, But Please Read

jeep90 said:
GOD BLESS THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO SERVE OUR FINE COUNTRY. i dont care how you feel about the country that you live in..... BUT LEAVE THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO AREPROTECTING IT OUT OF IT!

I agree with appreciating and supporting our troops!!! I REALLY DO! I think we all do. (That's not the debate.)
---God Bless our troops...May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.
image-missing.png

judge09 said:
When dining in public, use your "inside" voices.

:roll: WHAT?!?!?!? We anal-expulsive types don't comprehend that rationale, but anybody with any kind of human decency knows there's a difference between being loud and being rude.

Hats off to Mrs. Kimble! Sounds to me like the girls were getting loud and trying to get the soldiers' goats. I could be wrong, but why else did they attempt to pay the lady's tab afterward (maybe because they realized they were being rude jackasses?).

Having an opinion or a view does not justify being obnoxious.

Being fed up by rudeness definately justifies letting someone know you are offended. She did so politely. To say they were equally disrespectful is just plain ridiculous. She didn't attack their opinions, she pointed out why she was offended and that she was not going to tolerate their rudeness.

I cannot believe ya'll are breaching a topic like this again with debate! lol The ole dog just won't die will it? You go boys, power to ya for expressing yourselves and sticking to your guns whatever they are!

I'm going to defer out of this conversation this time though. LOL :shock:

Heather

mingez said:
graewulf said:
good story, everyone should do the same thing.. stand up for what this country stnads for, and correct those that oppose it.. tell 'em to move to cuba or something if they dont like it...

Actually, forcing others to believe in your opinion IS what the Cuban government is all about. Hmmmmm, who should move there?

Cuba you say?

Yes, all we need are the cigars. :roll:

LadyJeepFreak said:
I cannot believe ya'll are breaching a topic like this again with debate! lol The ole dog just won't die will it? You go boys, power to ya for expressing yourselves and sticking to your guns whatever they are!

I'm going to defer out of this conversation this time though. LOL :shock:

Heather

Wiser than the rest of us you are Lady... I agree. I too shall bow out. But if I see unwarranted picking or ganging, I can't just sit there.

I'm gonna look for a good Jeep-related thread to post on. Peace.

mingez said:
graewulf said:
good story, everyone should do the same thing.. stand up for what this country stnads for, and correct those that oppose it.. tell 'em to move to cuba or something if they dont like it...

Actually, forcing others to believe in your opinion IS what the Cuban government is all about. Hmmmmm, who should move there?

exactly.. not agreeing with the reasons for the war, OK.. calling the soldiers that are just doing their jobs baby killers.. they are just a little detached from reality there and need correcting.... and regardless of whether or not you agree with the motives, support those who are defending your way of life.. that's my point... If they don't like the freedoms that they enjoy enough to support our troops, then they should move to cuba, so they can see what not defending freedoms gets you.

You know, I didn't put this up here to start debates or anything, I put it up there so people don't forget whats going on in the world, and by this I am not talking directly about the war.

Debate War all you want as long as you support the troops, that has always been my stnding in regards to the current conflict, and that is one of the issues that this article addresses.

What made me search things like this out was
1. the recent passing of a friend that is/was serving over seas for all our country
2. the passing of Pat Tillman (who if you didn't know turned down a muli million dollar deal with the NFL on setember 12 2001 to join the Military to fight for his counry,) who passed last week
All this has got the gear in my noodle turning.

When I read this article. It moved me,(and I am in no way an emotional person) I have no clue why, but it did, struck a certain cord they would say!

Made me think about why I have such compassion for soldiers and sympathy for their families. and I though By sharing this, maybe other people would too.

I have no interest in swaying anyones opinion about the war, and neither did this article, but rather to remind everyone that there are people all over this fine land that are being effected.

So... whether you agree with the war or not, do me a favor, the next time you see a soldier, or a soldiers family, simple extend you arm, and shake their hand followed by a thank you!

And to anyone on jeepz.com that is/has/will serve my country in the military, me, and my family thank you!

This type of debate will be the down fall of Jeepz. I read most if not every post and seems it is getting to be the norm to see and to take part in these political pit falls. I hate it and I seem to get drawn into it too ez. Guess that is why I post way less than I use too. I miss the Jeep dayz here at Jeepz. When you could post and not have to worry about it becomeing a debate that has no end. Politicaly correct is far harder to put into black and white than 4 banger vs I6. Yea I know that is how we get to know each other, and all that crap! But some of you I would just as soon not learned so much about! As Jeepers we share a common value as people we are different enough to form oppions. I hope that sounds right and not mean or anything. I guess it is the same in real life you meet them that you like and them you would not take a pee on if they were burning. oh well I guess I just miss the dayz when jeepz was a mostly jeep related site. Not a debate and point of view site. I guess I am just different. I think that was the reason Gadget went and so many of the ol Jeepers have found their way out of here. Just my 2 cents Tug

These threads just happen and normally the starter doesnt mean for it to turn out this way. Johnny was just trying to remind us what is going on in the world we live in. What people's thoughts are on the situation. I could just go around locking stuff like this, but it will just happen again and again. This is what america is all about. Freedom, freedom to say what you want to say and to do more things freely than most people around the world have the chance to even do. If you dont like what is being talked about in these threads then dont click in here and read what is written. These threads are just the battle of opinions. If its too hot in here, go to another thread.

Good story. I definately couldn't had handled the situation better. I guess after all I've seen and will see again in July, the women making the coments would had left embarassed and wearing their drinks and plates of food. I don't go out promoting the war or anthing of the sort, so why is it not right to ask the treehugging liberals to do the same? Thats just me though.

Back