TJ (2006) Wrangler X 33K Miles

CBJason

So, my dad is retiring to SC and no longer had a need for his jeep. He's babied this and it's got extremely low mileage. It has a plow lift on front, a hitch in the back with a green tub and tan soft top. Automatic transmission as well.

He asked me if I wanted it and I had to pick my jaw up off the floor to say yes! I've looked at KBB, Edmunds, and Denvers CL to see if I can put a value on this.

Close valuations for same year with over 100K miles are around $9-12K for my area. Pics to come shortly...

What would you pay for this? (Pics to come shortly...)

What difference does it make, are you going to sell it ?

What difference does it make, are you going to sell it ?

Possibly if the price is right...here's a pic from it last winter when the plow was still on (that has since been removed):

Photo Jul 02, 9 34 54 PM.jpg

Here's a couple listings off the local CL:

1. http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/5663071352.html

2006 with 108K miles on it...$13K

2. http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/5656152229.html

2006 w/ 122K miles for $17K

3. http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5653414435.html

2006 w/68K miles for $16 (lifted)

Last edited:
I guess my question is more whether I could sell this for what I am thinking - around $17K and use that for a 2014 I saw locally that has manual transmission with only 17K miles for the same price.

My logic was - 8 years newer, half the miles...good trade or no? (I kinda like the idea of a manual transmission...don't know why).

I know the TJ is a different "class" than the XJ...newer ones allegedly aren't as rugged as the older ones, but the one I'm getting - not like it's a CJ model or anything historic, and know that someone who would probably be more into mudding and off-roading than I could really go to town with it! LOL

Follow E bay at the actual selling price for your area. Just because some one post it on craiglist does not mean they are getting that price. Personaaly for my area you would only get 7-9 k for it depending on what motor.

I guess my question is more whether I could sell this for what I am thinking - around $17K and use that for a 2014 I saw locally that has manual transmission with only 17K miles for the same price. My logic was - 8 years newer, half the miles...good trade or no? (I kinda like the idea of a manual transmission...don't know why). I know the TJ is a different "class" than the XJ...newer ones allegedly aren't as rugged as the older ones, but the one I'm getting - not like it's a CJ model or anything historic, and know that someone who would probably be more into mudding and off-roading than I could really go to town with it! LOL

Will your dad care that the vehicle he babied will be sold for someone else's offer?

You did say he babied it and took good care of it. Did he take care of all the issues and are there any now? Did he pm the trans, diff and rears???

And the cheaper newer lower mole one has never been in a crash, no major engine or trans issue. It had the oil changed regularly, all expensive common repairs either addressed or not existent?

Will your dad care that the vehicle he babied will be sold for someone else's offer?

No.

You did say he babied it and took good care of it. Did he take care of all the issues and are there any now? Did he pm the trans, diff and rears???

As far as I know, yes he took good care of it, yes he took care of all issues, no there aren't any now, and yes PM was performed regularly on the trans, diff and rears...

And the cheaper newer lower mole one has never been in a crash, no major engine or trans issue. It had the oil changed regularly, all expensive common repairs either addressed or not existent?

Dont have all the details here yet but would assume no, no, yes, yes, and yes respectively.

Back