Trunk Style Sub Box

southtj

This looks like it could solve some problems for me. I have the locking trunk and sometimes need to use it to lock up my laptop and whatever needs locking up. I've wanted a bigger sub since it was new but nowhere to put one and I don't have Terry's skills to install it in the rear seat. I just stumbled on this company and looks like it would still have a compartment on the left for a laptop bag, etc.

IMG_1403.jpg

Every sub box is hand made, constructed with precision tools and the best materials.
Each box has quality terminal cups that are sealed and have the wires sodered into the connectors.
Each and every sub box is made to the specifications of your sub. That is why I ask for the make, model and size of your subs when you order a box. I build each box as if it were my own. REALLY, I build these, because I really like too! ( That is why they also take so long sometimes).
Each box is made with 3/4 and 1 inch MDF, All boxes are glued, screwed and instead of caulk I use liquid nails, because it soaks into the wood and is super strong as a Sealer
All boxes can be carpeted, fiberglased, or finished with truck bed liner.
The Carpet I use is not the standard speckled audio carpet. It is Flex Form needle punch non-backed. It is the same carpet that Jeep buys to put in their vehicles.
The Bedliner I use is Herculiner - this stuff is tough! I had an old box sit out in the Rain all winter and the next summer I used it, the wood was Perfect! No swelling at all. Water Proof!
Just4effect

Anyone ever heard of them or have an opinion about what you see? The price is a little less than Quadratecs box and this looks better built.

Looks good Todd, I would loved to have seen one installed, a picture I mean. Like you I lack the wook working skills of our glorious leader Terry (this from a machinist no less), and have been looking for a sub system for my jeep.
Are you going to get it?

Looks good Todd, I would loved to have seen one installed, a picture I mean. Like you I lack the wook working skills of our glorious leader Terry (this from a machinist no less), and have been looking for a sub system for my jeep.
Are you going to get it?

I am considering it but am wary since it's just a guy building boxes and not a reputable shop. I emailed him yesterday with some questions and haven't heard back yet. I don't know how old the site is and even if he is still building them.

Since 'Betty' had no tailgate and learning from my old Steppenwolf CJ that had no tailgate either, what I did was construct a locker box for the back that bolted into the rear seat mounts (pretty usless on a CJ anyway) and then bolted through the sheet metal to the stock spare tire mount. (a common weak point on CJ's without a tailgate)

5367669494_f2d938b710-1.jpg

5367669504_bd65e38e06-1.jpg

This relieved the stress on the rear sheet metal panel of my Jeep and made for a great Bass Box (after adding a pair of 6x9 speakers as well as room for my LaGrande chains and tools.
I dig the engineering would be more difficult on a Jeep with a tailgate but one more gifted than I will likely come up with an idea.

Read more: http://www.jeepz.com/forum/cj-yj-tj-jk/32459-best-tj-tire-carrier.html#ixzz20ERR0dZ1

Last edited:
Back