whats the best lift kit for a 2002 wrangler?

dennyray

Hello.Looking to buy a new lift kit for my 2002 wrangler ,i just put on a 2.5" rough country and hate it ,it rides really rough,darts ,really stiff.i'll sale it cheap any one interested,i'm looking to run 35x12.50x 15 or 16 tires,this is a daily driver ,4.0 ,automatic.will see weekend off road mudden mostly muddy feilds and feild roads ,no hard core stuff ,no rock climbing . a few people sugested buying every thing seperate,or a kit ,i hate to buy a kit and it not work like it should ,rough country stated my ride would stay like factory when installing there 2.5 " .it did not ,if i could make there lift work i'll keep it ,and run 33's any sugestions on either .THANKS .i did notice the springs are just setting on the frame on the front ,no rubber ,just metal on metal,the man at the 4x4 center said that is normal ,don't make good sence to me,and the spring looks to be installed wrong ,the flat of the coil is on top and big part is setting on frame ,metal on metal.looks to me the spring would move around,there's no rubber craddle to hold it ,what you think.

Wranglers are tough. We have had good luck with the skyjacker. It rides pretty nice flexes well. The short wheel base is Definatly working against you. if you are only going 2.5. Go with spacers and keep stock springs.

The 64 million dollar question, what is the best lift kit for my jeep.
You are opening a can of worms here Denny, because everyone will tell you differently, I included. For 35's you need at least four inches of lift, but you will get some rubbing in the tops of the wheel wells, 5-6 is better. Then there is the long arm vrs short arm argument, here too everyone you ask will have a different opinion.
The best way for you to tell who makes the best for my ride is to take a ride.
Meet up with your local jeep club, look at their jeeps (don't know a jeeper today who will not talk about his or her own jeep to a fellow jeeper), ask for a small ride along. Your backside will know who's lift you want to buy.

Now since you have read my drivel this far...BUY a Tera-flex long arm kit!!! Its ride is better than stock arm length!!!! lol

No I cant do that, but I have a good explanation about why long arm kits give a better ride in this long arm vrs short discussion.

Thanks.There are not a lot of jeep people in mississippi,most people ride stock that i have meet ,i'm different i just sold a blazer with 12'' lift with 38 tsl .getting into jeeps just trying to figure out what works without spending and seeing it did not work.being a daily driver i think i'll just keep the 2.5 rough country add a 3/4" spring spacer or perch as some call them ,run the 33x12.50x 15 nitto trail grappler on a 10x15 wheel ,trim the flairs a little and rock on. thanks to all for the help.

Back