Windbreaker Soft Top YJ Wrangler

s_wilson84

The WindBreaker System is built out of Sunbrella fabric. This acrylic-coated polyester fabric is usually seen on boat covers and awnings. The fabric is colored using a solution-dying process that the manufacturer claims will last for years without fading or washing out. The fabric feels very strong and is suppler than the vinyl usually used in soft-top construction
. The Sunbrella fabric is also the same color inside and out. This gives the top a more finished appearance than others on the market. The WindBreaker is also built using separate pieces for the side windows and rear hatch. This allows customers to mix and match colors on the same top. Rock Gear, Inc., has models available for Jeep CJs, YJs, and TJs.

What really makes this top unique is that there is no frame needed for mounting. The WindBreaker uses a windshield channel in the front and tension straps in the rear. The top is supported by the factory roll bar and the side windows use a combination of rails and snaps. This mounting method allows the oversized side windows to roll up into pockets on the underside of the top. Now instead of having to carry a soft-top and a bikini top, you can get both with the WindBreaker System. There are also tension straps inside the pockets that allow you infinite adjustment for the perfect fit. The rear window is also oversized, and is easily accessed with two snaps and some Velcro. This makes the rear hatch easier to open than the zippers found on most tops.

The WindBreaker can be used with most factory and aftermarket doors, but the doors produced by Rock Gear, Inc., are among the best I've seen. The most noticeable feature is the two-piece construction of the lower doors. Both sides of the metal frame are skinned with insulated Sunbrella fabric and the hinges are adjustable for proper fit. Heavy rubber weather-stripping is installed where the door meets the body and a pocket is attached to the inside of the door. The upper doors feature an oversized window with heavy-duty zippers. What I really like about the upper doors is they are collapsible. This feature allows the upper frame to be disassembled (a matching bag is included for storage), and the skins can be rolled up. Both the skins and the frame can then be stored in a mesh pocket inside the top.

Mine is electric blue. The pictures are just examples of the windbreaker system. I have the soft doors and the top. I just bought this Jeep and have never had the soft top on. I put the soft doors on and I didnt care for them. I put my steel doors back on. You must come to see it to appreciate it. It is on a 1990 YJ Wranger. I am unsure as to what other years it will fit. It is made of sail cloth and appears to be in good shape. 303-884-0408

Attachments

• rockgear.jpg
    rockgear.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 9,200
  • top7-lg.jpg
    top7-lg.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 5,174
Back