yet another lift question

purpleyjgirl

shocks and tires

ok. i was planning on a lift for my new tj in the not so distant future but my husband went to put a reese style hitch on the back and with the tj's low stance it looks rediculously low to the ground. hence my delema. what we were planning was a 2" spacer lift w/1" body w/31 swampers for starters. then with some gearing & power upgrades in the future to 33's eventually. but i need this thing atleast 2" taller NOW. can we do this in parts over a few weeks as my budget alows? with the purchase of my jeep my husband gets to get a new bike :oops: what i'm wondering= can i install the 2" coil spacers and run stock shocks for a few weeks? it won't be seing any rock climbing ect. also, what about track bar brackets and sway bar extensions? basicly, i'm wondering if i can just install the spacers to get this thing off the ground. can this be done? what is a "HAVE TO " do when installing them. THAKS. i'm tired of satern suv's looking down at me at a stop light!

Assuming you do not go offroad, you can fit 31's on a TJ with out a lift. if you do go offroad, will rub very slightly.

Yes you can do this in segments! I would advise to do the body lift first then the BB. Once you have done all that, 33's are very fittable, as for gearing, that can be done later down the road if needed (which it will)

thanks...sounds like a plan except the body lift first. i'm trying to get the hitch from being so low to the ground and a body lift won't help that. we were just currious if there were going to be any issue's using 2" spacers that we'd have to address immediately. as i mentioned, it's just a temporary fix , hopefully get the whole lift/tires done by august. thanks again.

Sure you can run the 2" spacers with stock shocks. Really the only thing you'll need to do is an alignment. It's easier than a body lift in my opinion and a body lift won't do anything about your low hitch.

The shocks will likely bottom out if you go offroad, but on the street you may not even notice.

the spacers will clear 31's well.

Back