need trail info

thanks for the info,gotta put some body armor on the jeep,and a winch before I can run with the big dogs, Ill be ready for it by spring. dont know how this 4 banger is gonna do, but plan on giveing it hell.

I'd spend on the money on tires / lift instead of the winch. Usually there's someone else with a nice expensive winch more than willing to pull you out.

The last reply seemed to vanish into space somewhere or else it may pop up,but anyway I think the tires and lift on my jeep is adaquit,maybe not,give me your opinion on it. Tires are 33x12.5 trailbreakers,has 3" lift,4cyl,5speed.Hate to spend the money on a winch,but since I only have 2500 dollars invested in this jeep so far, I think that investing in a winch I still wouldnt be hurting to badly. It's a 91 with 127000 miles on it. see attachment

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks good to me - I probably wouldn't lift it any more either. Just wheel it and enjoy it a bit.

Do you really only have $2500 it it? That's a heck of a deal.

I bought it for 500 dollars,as the way it looks in the picture,minus the spare tire and bikini top.Seen it sitting along side the road with a for sale sign on it and stopped to check it out,guy told me he couldnt get it started and would take 500 for it. Figured ,heck ,the tires was worth that.Got it home and found out the timeing chain was busted,replaced that and started it up. over a short period of time I ended up putting in a few new parts,radiator,front breaks,starter,fuel pump,power steering pump and gear box,new tire aand rim for spare,oil seal for drivers side rear tire. Mechanic told me that he thought it had been sitting for a long time cause the oil seal he took out had a flat spot on it. So I still have to replace the other seals. But I'm a happy camper with it. Drove it to gettysburg pa last summer,on the interstate I was getting 18 mpg,think that maybe with more street friendly tires my gas mileage will improve,tires I have on it now are a little loud,want to get anouther set for daily use and just use the ones on it now for weekend trail rideing.

dont forget the GWNF (George Washington National Forest) tons of ORV trails and the maps are
free from the National Forest online, it shows all the trails

Back