Shoe Creek [Oct 1st] Day Trip

kdiacont2010

Have a group of Jeeps headed up for the day. Leaving Richmond / mechanicsville between 8-9 am.

Let me know if your interested in going.

Shoe Creek is a great place to cut your teeth on wheeling, and one of the few local places for us VA guys.

Shoe Creek starts in Alhambra and runs north to Crabtree Falls trailhead. Take 827 to 826. Immediately upon turning onto 826 you will cross a narrow steel bridge. Follow this road for maybe 1 mile and the road will basically dissapear into a small opening in the forest. Keep on for approx. 1/8 mi and you will come to a water crossing.

Shoe-Creek.png

The red trail is the main and only legal part of the trail. Any off shoot off the main trail is Illegal. As you can see it also boarders the Priest, this is a designated wilderness which means if you are caught on it with a mechanized vehicle you can be prosecuted. The white areas are privately owned land, so unless you have permission from the land owners you should not be up there. This land is owned as hunting property, and there have been problems in the past during hunting season.

Shoe Creek Map

Thanks for the info. Can't make it this weekend, my son has a soccer match at noon. Hopefully next time though.
My jeep is still mostly stock except for bumper and winch, will I make it through the entire trail or will it not be possible?

You'll be fine. Shoe creek is perfect for stock jeeps - some obstacles, but they all have bypasses if you just want to go around them

Sent from my DROID2 using the Jeepz.com app

The trail was rutted out and rougher from all the rain. Slick rock is nearly impossible ... watched a fully locked xj try a few times to no avail. :(

Back