Washington Jeepz

Spud

I haven't been on the Jeepz forum for too awful long but it seems that we in the Northwest are under represented. It seems like most people are from the South.

I would like to see how many of us Washingtonians there are and even more specifically how many folks from the Gig Harbor/Penninsula area.

I have only had my jeep for a couple of months and am interested in finding some people to go wheeling with. I am not a "hard core" wheeler. I am not concerned with a few scratches but I am not out to trash my jeep either. Just looking for some small thrills and fun outdoors.

I haven't been on the Jeepz forum for too awful long but it seems that we in the Northwest are under represented. It seems like most people are from the South.

I would like to see how many of us Washingtonians there are and even more specifically how many folks from the Gig Harbor/Penninsula area.

I have only had my jeep for a couple of months and am interested in finding some people to go wheeling with. I am not a "hard core" wheeler. I am not concerned with a few scratches but I am not out to trash my jeep either. Just looking for some small thrills and fun outdoors.

Spud, I'm with you.. our Southern brothers are well represented on this and the other Forums. I'm in Bremerton, what kinda jeep are ya wheel'n?
I got my '93 YJ project a year ago. Mal

Last edited by a moderator:
Spud, I'm with you.. our Southern brothers are well represented on this and the other Forums. I'm in Bremerton, what kinda jeep are ya wheel'n?
I got my '93 YJ project a year ago. I'm new to this thread and forum business so drop me a reply if you'd like and we can talk jeep'n in Kitsap Co and Olympic Peninsula Mal
image-missing.png

Nice to meet you. I am running an '04 TJ Rubicon that is all stock. I just bought it a few months ago and love it! I have been to Tahuya a couple of times and have enjoyed it.

I don't understand why there are so few people from the Northwest on this board because there are tons of Jeeps running around and I get Jeep waves from many of them.

Have you tried any of the ORV parks in the area? What mods do you have on your rig?

Spud said:
Nice to meet you. I am running an '04 TJ Rubicon that is all stock. I just bought it a few months ago and love it! I have been to Tahuya a couple of times and have enjoyed it.

I don't understand why there are so few people from the Northwest on this board because there are tons of Jeeps running around and I get Jeep waves from many of them.

Have you tried any of the ORV parks in the area? What mods do you have on your rig?

Hey Spud,
I am from the spokane area I have an 04 wrangler no mods just got mine a couple of months ago and am going to try to get the north west better reped on here with one of my friends meet and greet on friday if at all possible you should try and come out

Spojeeper said:
Hey Spud,
I am from the spokane area I have an 04 wrangler no mods just got mine a couple of months ago and am going to try to get the north west better reped on here with one of my friends meet and greet on friday if at all possible you should try and come out

I have tried a couple of places looking for more. No mods yet just got it like two months ago and use it as every day driver.

Hey Spud,

Sounds like fun but a long drive! I am familiar with the Spokane area as I grew up in North Idaho. Where are you looking at wheeling? I am hoping to get over your way some time this winter to ski at Schweitzer and would like to do some wheeling while I am there.

Spud said:
Sounds like fun but a long drive! I am familiar with the Spokane area as I grew up in North Idaho. Where are you looking at wheeling? I am hoping to get over your way some time this winter to ski at Schweitzer and would like to do some wheeling while I am there.

I dont know to many places over here as I just moved here about 5 months ago and just got my rig about 2 months ago but I like to go out to jergens road as it is fairly easy on the rig

Im a native Washingtonian, but moved to idaho a couple years ago. Im really wishing I still lived up there right about now. There are some really good trails. I lived in the Smokey point/Arlington area. Anybody ever go to walker valley? Its mainly for ATVs and bikes, but there are some good jeep trails too.

I went to Walker Valley in December and it seemed pretty good. We only had a couple of hours to play but it looked like there was some good exploring to be done!

Dakotanative said:
Just got an 05 SE last week. Looking for light 4x4 areas. Nothing brutal, but off the beaten path. I am in South Tacoma.

I good place to start is at Tahuya ORV park (Washington State Department of Natural Resources land) just outside of Belfair. It is easy to find and only an hour away from STW. Tahuya has mostly easy to moderate trails. If you don't want to beat up your Jeep this is a good place to go. Let me know if you need some more directions. Google maps should take you right there.

I'm in the Spokane area, just north of Deer Park off HiWay 2.. sold my '93YJ a couple days ago, have an '84CJ7 sitting in Las Vegas that I have to go down to bring back.. then start work on it.. lifted, 33", BIG aluminum radiator, auto, I need to put a new power steering box in it, and do some re-wire behind the dash.. then sand it down for new paint, otherwise, its going to be a nice jeep to go wheeling in, I hope.. runs good at least..

New to the Jeepz.com forum. I saw the Washington forum here. I have a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country edition. Since some of you live near me I need help in a big way. Starting last year 2010 the jeep has had various problems. We took it to a repair place in Gig Harbor but now I am under the suspension that they did not fix what I told them to fix and/or fixed only half way so I would keep coming back for repairs. The main problems are the breaks and the clutch. Back in October of 2010 the were supposed to have fixed the breaks(replaced and bleed breaks), Rear differential etc..shortly after this the clutch goes out took it to them again they say they fixed it. Fast forward 2011 last week breaks go out on my husband luckily he was right at a Walt's repair shop. They said the previous place had over tightened a bolt and that what caused the breaks to fail. So Walt's replaced the break system again and the rear differential again. We have car back from Walt's and now the clutch is hard to get from 1st gear to 2nd gear and in reverse now. Walt's said it had nothing to do with the breaks being replaced but prior to the breaks the clutch was functioning quite well. I am afraid I will have to have the clutch repaired again. Unfortunately the warranty on the clutch from the other business has gone out. I need help I don't have money to keep throwing at this problem. This is my only vehicle and I need this fixed. Anyone a weekend mechanic who can at least take a look at it for me?? I will even barter for work if you like. I am a hairdresser I will do free cuts on you or your entire family if you can help. Or if you can direct me to some mechanic that is trust worthy enough to give me a straight answer without taking me to the bank that would be nice. Thanks!

I'd be glad to take a look and most likely fix whatever the problem/s are.. but, you sound like your on the west side since you mentioned Gig Harbor, and I'm over near Spokane... what town are you in? I have friends over there that I can at the very least get a reputable shop name for you. Hate to see you throwing money into a hole, and those shops sound like their business "ethics" are more like flushing a toilet to me..

Wow, this thread died.. There has to be some more from Washington now....

i'm here!! not a hardcore off roader. not yet at least... anyone from the western part of WA? around the base and what not

Back